Create a future-first digital branch on top of the established physical products
With demand for more physical cards and gaming products soaring before and through Covid-19, Cartamundi like any company had difficulties with supply-chain struggles. Therefore they decided to accelerate their Digital Ventures program, to become a big player in digital gaming entertainment after establishing them in the physical gaming world since 1970.
Cartamundi wanted to create core team of engaged individuals to spearhead these digital endeavors.
15 high-potential employees from different branches across the world were hand-selected to go on a 5-day exploration in digital entertainment in Los Angeles. We wanted to submerge them in this new world, let them think outside the box and explore what the future could be for Cartamundi.
With the Day After Tomorrow in mind, we picked these topics together:
- Digital Gaming
- Digital entertainment
- 360° (online and offline) brand experiences
- Investors and equity firms in the gaming space
- Day 1: We focused on Web3, NFT's, the Metaverse and other future technologies
- Day 2: We continued these topics in the morning, and shifted to the importance of communities in the afternoon. With speakers from Blizzard Gaming and Twitter
- Day 3: We invited speakers and founders of the biggest gaming organizations and brands; CLG, Evil Geniuses and ESL Gaming. We ended the day with a VIP visit to the all-star NBA game, The Lakers vs The Bucks.
- Day 4: To broaden the spectrum to overall digital entertainment, we visited the offices of Jukin Media, the powerhouse behind user-genereated content like Failarmy.
- Day 5: On the final day visited the offices of Snap Inc. (SnapChat) and one of the world’s biggest gaming VC’s, Griffin Gaming Partners, with over $1 billions in AUM.
Nexxworks helps to facilitate innovative out of the box thinking. They will expose you and your teams to a different level of thought leadership, which in turn will help you and your people develop a different thinking ethos for the future.