WEBINAR: The Future of Retail
The future of retail is about merging online and offline experiences, smart usage of data, personalised customer journeys and the local brands overcoming the tensions with big international players like...
December 8, 2020
Let us introduce you to our panelists who will join this virtual panel discussion!
- Mirko Wormuth went from corporate lawyer to omni-channel retail expert explaining new retail business models as Hema (in English Freshippo) -Alibaba's high tech supermarket designed around your smartphone- and Pinduoduo, a mobile platform featuring a dynamic social shopping experience. As an entrepreneur he is now Partner at Awesome Capital Group, the first German Chinese investment platform with venture DNA. Before that, he co-founded TWICE, China’s first and still to date only affordable luxury fashion accessories chain store concept. He has been in China for over 20 years, lives in Beijing, and will share his on the ground, real-life digital experiences. Mirko is currently working on his next book.
- Pieter-Jan De Smet is passionate about retail & innovation. As Marketing Manager of RetailSonar he frequently presents data-driven insights on changing customer behavior and location intelligence. RetailSonar is a scale-up that enables retailers to make the right location decisions thanks to a unique combination of powerful AI, up-to-date market data and a user-friendly cloud platform. In this way retailers are able to find great locations for (new) stores and measure the impact of investments on sales and physical marketing efforts. Since 2016, Pieter-Jan is also part of the board of Retail Forum Belgium, Belgium's leading trade organization on retail property.
This session is moderated by two innovation experts!
- Joren Lemiegre, Innovation Program Manager at nexxworks, joined several executive groups to Silicon Valley, China and other innovation hotspots. These interactions and visits made him the go-to person for connecting the dots between the trends in the retail sector and the facts that will shape the future of retail.
- Martijn Martens, Retail Analyst at Gondola, is doing research -from AI to circular economy trends influencing the retail sector- and is one of the driving forces behind the Gondola Academy. Gondola Group offers a media platform, events and consultancy for professionals in retail and consumer goods.
During the conversation Joren will focus on the international trends. Martijn will circle this back to apply on the local environment.
Why you should watch?
- Eye-opening opinions on the future of retail
- We’ll make sure you stay ahead of the game
December 8, 2020