PODCAST - Radar - by nexxworks March 2021
These were the headlines of our conversation, though we did talk about many other things as well:
- Volvo announcing that it will become a fully electric car company by 2030 and - more radically - that it will only sell cars online by then.
- The NFT-hype: what it is, where it came from and what it means.
- Spotify’s new website called Loud & Clear, which offers insights into how much the platform pays artists and how that money is distributed.
- Steven Van Belleghem’s CXM coins and Peter Hinssen’s nexxcoins.
- China's 5 year plan and its investments in basic research, innovation and the environment.
- France and Germany announcing that they will invest billions in order to take on China in developing a “green” hydrogen sector to replace fossil fuels on the one hand. And Europe’s top motor groups lack of enthusiasm on the other hand.
- Uber driver benefits in the UK as well as gig worker and gig economy challenges in general.
- A story of an incumbent phoenix winning from a unicorn, with Disney beating Netflix, even without the 2020 revenue from its amusement parks and cruises which used to make up most of its profits.
- Netflix calculating the carbon footprint of video streaming and what that could mean for other companies in the future.
- The regreening of China’s Loess plateau: a barren and heavily eroded landscape area almost the size of France which was transformed into green valleys and productive farmland in a giant transformation project, including the local farmers.
- Citigroup launching Zoom-free Fridays and other measures to ease pandemic 'fatigue'.
Enjoy the episode and please be so kind as to share it or rate us and follow our channel, if you liked what you heard!
Prefer to listen to Apple Podcasts? You can check us there too.
If we forgot anything, got something wrong or you would just like to provide some feedback, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.