Shane McLeod is a New Zealand hockey coach, coaching the Belgium national Red Lions Hockey Team since 2015. He led his team to gold at the 2018 Men’s Hockey World Cup 2018, the 2019 European Championship and the 2020 Olympic Games. He was nominated Coach of the Year 3 times in 2017, 2018 and 2021.
Presentation themes include Team building, Goal setting, and Inspiring Leadership. As a motivational speaker, Shane shares his expertise and insights from the angle of the sporting world through the team’s rise to success.
Past speaking engagemens
Besides being a top sports coach, Shane McLeod is also a gifted motivational speaker. He delivers inspiring presentations for a wide audience. He also runs engaging team building workshops with business teams.
- From 1996 to 1998, Shane McLeod played with the New Zealand Black Sticks Hockey Team and won the gold medal at the World Cup Qualifying Tournament in 1997 in Sardinia.
- From 2002 to 2006, he was the coach of the Red Panthers, the Belgium national women hockey team.
- He became Head Coach of the New Zealand Black Sticks Hockey Team in 2007 and coached the team at the 2008 Being Olympics and the 2012 London Olympics.
- Shane was coach of the Waterloo Ducks Hockey Club with two national titels in 2013 and 2014.
- Since 2015, he is national coach of the Red Lions, the Belgium Hockey Team.
- His team won silver at the 2016 Olympics in Rio, the 2017 European Championship in Amsterdam, the 2019 FIH Pro League
- His team won gold at the 2018 Men’s Hockey World Cup in India, the 2019 European Championship in Antwerp, the 2020 FIH Pro League and the 2020 Olympic Games in Tokyo.
loves to inspire you on...
For me, the real power of a nexxworks tour is the unique group of people you meet and travel with.
The tour founded relationships with interesting people I otherwise would've never met.
The mix of speakers and content was perfect.
It was truly an eye-opening experience that both enriched my network with amazing people and helped me shape the further direction of my career.
The things you hear, see and learn are a source of inspiration and motivation for the future. We have already implemented some of these in our current strategy and operations.
Nexxworks helps to facilitate innovative out of the box thinking. They will expose you and your teams to a different level of thought leadership, which in turn will help you and your people develop a different thinking ethos for the future.
The nexxworks inspiration series helps us to imagine the future together with all the teams worldwide, and make the bridge to our day-to-day challenges as well.
The nexxworks inspiration sessions were that mindblowing, that I invited my global team to taste, smell and learn via a similar experience.
Meeting today’s companies and speakers brought us refreshing energy and perspectives to our challenges today.
This experience showed how short-term planning and long term planning are both needed. The China visits were truly inspiring in how they execute on that.
It’s so important to step outside the day-to-day business. We are the only ones who can moderate this back to our teams and translate what we’ve learned to accomplish our daily goals.
To new travelers, I hope you feel some of the same excitement, anxiety, and concentration. May you learn the way we did.
We’ve seen great concepts and initiatives from other companies, that made us think outside the box.
We want to make sure that the wonderful company that our family started, remains relevant in a fast-pace changing world.
I view the nexxworks membership as a combination of inspiration, practical insights, and networking with peers.