Past speaking engagemens
Earlier, she founded and ran research firm, Kaleido Insights, and has been principal analyst with Tractica, Harbor Research, and Altimeter Group where she led research practices in artificial intelligence, IoT, blockchain, automation, robotics, mixed reality, data privacy, and more. Past clients range from large brands including Google, Microsoft, Cisco, AARP, Technicolor, Intel, Pandora, to an array of think tanks, media companies, and several start-ups she advises.
Jessica is a regular speaker at emerging technology industry events, and a contributor to various media outlets. She is also a faculty member of Fast Future Fundamentals, a member of the nexxworks collective, and has served as contributing member of the CalState CX Advisory Board, International IoT Council, the IEEE’s Internet of Things Group. Jessica was included among Women in AI Ethics and on Onalytica’s list of the 100 Most Influential Thought Leaders in IoT. When she’s not working on systems change in Tech, Jessica can be found on a hike, playing drums, cooking, and spending time with herpartner in the Bay Area.
loves to inspire you on...
Innovating Beyond Sustainability:
The Future of Business & Technology Innovation for Social and Planetary Health
We are at an inflection point for business: no longer can environmental and social impacts be externalized. This doesn’t just mark a shift in reporting and investment, it is the inevitable orientation for innovation in the 21st century. Leading organizations realize it’s not about doing less harm, but aligning business with greater good. The next generation of organizations and technologies are regenerative, in service to life—people and planet. Emerging technologies are the catalyst to accelerate and scale these models, far beyond "net zero".Based on original research, this speech offers the “net positive” framework for digital transformation far beyond climate tech, and is sure to inspire new ways of thinking:
• What is regenerative innovation and why now? Top forces driving regenerative business
• Real-world case examples across food, retail, CPG, tourism, manufacturing, and analyzing the role of data and emerging technologies
• How are companies becoming regenerative? Actionable recommendations and takeaways
The Silent Disruptors
Three Trends Radically Re-ShapingYour Business
Compounding technological, societal, and economic forces are colliding, but what do they mean for your customers, business, and ecosystem? –Much more than meets the eye! Companies cannot afford to remain reactive, but must proactively examine how they must shift to survive. Join anthropology-trained technology expert Jessica Groopman, Head of Innovation at IntentionalFutures as she guides audiences to see beyond the tech, for the silent but radical disruptions impacting people, culture, and business models.This speech has helped executives and teams around the world navigate the noise, supercharge ideation, and identify the real opportunities for innovation. Areas of exploration may include:
• Web3, blockchain and the future of trust, a new business currency
• AI and the future of human augmentation• Ambient IoT sensing, metaverse, and the future of interface
• Biotech, genomics, and the future of design• Distributed energy, renewables, and the future of power
The Future of Artificial Intelligence
Five Questions We Should All be Asking
Much ado about artificial intelligence and its commercial adoption. But amidst all the hype lie several unsung truths overlooked in most discussions of AI. Upon researching over 400 AI applications across 20+ industries, industry analyst Jessica Groopman has distilled these key findings into five easily digestible considerations for business strategists and innovation leaders. This talk promises to inspire teams with five new ways of questioning, understanding, and applying AI:
• AI demystified: 5 overlooked AI realities + real world applications
• AI & people: trust, ethics, governance, intelligence, inclusion
• AI readiness: research-backed recommendations for responsible use and business success
5 Transformations for 21st Century Leadership
Radical changes in technology, culture, economy, and environment are at the forefront of leaders’ minds. We are in a period of profound transformation, but most organizations are struggling to see beyond next quarter. How do we build and manage organizations to thrive in and amidst diverse pressures and uncertainties? To design a future of shared prosperity requires letting go of outdated business practices and embracing new forms of value and innovation.In this keynote speech, Intentional Futures’ Director of Innovation, Jessica Groopman shares the 5essential shifts required to drive impact at scale.
• The Mindset Shift, from complicated to complexity
• The Management Shift, from shareholders to stakeholders
• The Ecosystem Shift, from competitive to collaborative
• The Diversity Shift, from checkboxes to strategy
• The Design Shift, from extractive to sustainable and regenerative
Inclusion at Scale
The Untapped Opportunity of BusinessEcosystems
Leading digital companies are known for relying on ecosystems to innovate. What these vast ecosystems are less known for is their implications around diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI).Far beyond hiring, this talk shares eye-opening new research from Jessica Groopman of IntentionalFutures, on inclusive innovation, leading programs, best practices, and trends. Regardless of industry, attendees are sure to walk away with new thinking and concrete actions to drive inclusion within and beyond the organization.
• A systems view of diversity
• DEI across business ecosystems: 5 real-world examples
• A Framework for multi-stakeholder innovation