Past speaking engagemens
Brett advised the Obama administration on Fintech strategy, and today advises regulators, lawmakers and boardrooms around the world on digital transformation and future readiness.
King created the Breaking Banks and The Futurists podcasts (distribution to 180 countries, 9 million annual listeners). He founded the world’s first mobile challenger bank—Moven —in 2011, raising $47m to-date and sits on the board of the largest US non-profit focused on financial inclusion, the Financial Health Network.
loves to inspire you on...
The Rise of Technosocialism
How Inequality, AI and Climate will usher in a new world.
The 21st century is going to be the most disruptive, contentious period humanity has ever lived through. It will challenge our most sacred ideologies around politics, economics and social constructs. It will force humanity to adapt in ways we can’t yet imagine.
There is much to be highly optimistic about, but it will require humanity to unite in respect to our collective goals and purpose. With the emergence of Artificial Intelligence we are on the verge of perhaps solving the biggest mysteries of the universe, but AI will also allow us to automate society to provide untold abundance and prosperity.
The Big Shift
How Customer Behaviour & Technology will change the Future of Retail and Financial Service.
Ten years ago, no one could have predicted that 90 percent of daily transactions would be electronic, that Internet banking would provide more revenue than branches, that social media would drive your brand, and that growth in mobile banking would be the final nail in the coffin for the dominance of branch banking. Brett King explains:
• Why customer behavior is so rapidly changing, including the four phases of disruptive change.
• How branches must evolve
• Why checks are rapidly disappearing and cash is next
• Why your mobile phone will replace your wallet in the next 2-3 years
• How financial institutions must reinvent themselves or become irrelevant
The Future of Retail & Financial Services
Brett King looks at the latest trends that are redefining financial services and payments.
From the global scramble for dominance of the mobile wallet, the expectations created by Tablet computing, the operationalization of the Cloud and the explosion of Social Media. He explores:
• Why Banking is no longer a place you go, but something you do
• How mobile technology is completely changing the context of banking
• How customer advocacy is killing traditional brand marketing
• The growth of the ‘de-banked’ consumer who doesn’t need a bank at all